Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Zucchini "Apple" Crisp

Did you know that you can use zucchini the same way you can bake with apples?! You can do zucchini pie, zucchini crisps and cobblers, zucchini bread (the non-traditional way with cinnamon and chunked zucchini, not shredded), and the list goes on!

I recently made a zucchini crisp. It did taste a lot like apples, and I recommend serving it warm, but it was an older, bigger zucchini so if you use those, I recommend peeling it first. It made for an odd texture in the crisp. I think with a smaller zucchini, the peeling isn't necessary.

This is the recipe I used. I left out the nutmeg and I cut down a little on the sugar (because there is a LOT of sugar in this but it tastes SO good!)

It is fairly simple prep and pops in the oven for about 45 minutes. Definitely eat it warm. The leftovers are great too but heat them up before you eat it (30 seconds in the microwave will do the trick!).

I also found that you can make a very similar recipe in the microwave for individual portions but I just eyeball that, using a small zucchini as my start. I could eat this every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment