Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Daughter's Stocking

Back in October, I made my baby a stocking for St. Nick but I, without thinking to blog about it first, put it with Christmas storage. Well, it's finally back out again and I have pictures!

It was so much fun to make. I pulled out all my red, green, winter, and Christmas themed fabrics. Then, I found a pattern for a stocking I liked (but in reality, it's a really odd shape and I wouldn't use it again). I made all my strips of fabric, sewed them together, and then cut out the stocking pattern. The inside matches the top fold over fabric and the back is just a solid piece. My strips are all about 2 inches (with seam allowances) but some got a little skinnier, depending on the size of the fabric I started out with. This was a great scrap buster!

My mother in law has an embroidery machine so she embroidered my daughter's name on it but for her privacy, I have covered it up with some tracing paper (so it may look a little strange in the picture). The white looking fabric (for the fold over and inside) is actually a creamish-white with gold dots on it. This whole thing turned out wonderful. It wasn't too much work but the end result is huge. I will definitely find a different pattern for my future kids.

Here are the pictures!
This is the front, with the piecing. Sorry it's sideways.

This is the plain back. The white specks are actually stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment