Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Parmesan Roasted Potatoes

Before the holidays, I had to pick up my brother from college because he was going to come home with me for Christmas. It's about a 45 minute drive (each way) to his campus so given the timing of it all, I had David make dinner. To be honest, I don't even remember what the main dish was but the side dish was Parmesan roasted potatoes.

I apologize I no longer have the link to the creator of the recipe. I always try to give credit where credit is due but in this case, I can't.

Ingredients:
5-6 medium sized potatoes, skins on, diced
3-4 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. The spray may seem unnecessary given that we are using the foil but some of our potatoes stuck on and nobody likes eating foil. Put the potatoes on the pan.. Coat the potatoes with oil, making sure to stir them around a little. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the potatoes, again making sure all the potatoes are seasoned. Cook for 35-45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes so that they are evenly cooked and don’t get burned on the bottom. 

This recipe was really great. My picky brother even had four helpings! We did use shredded Parmesan because that was what we had on hand but the grated stuff would work much better. A lot of potatoes didn't have any cheese at all because it mostly stuck to the pan. I will definitely be making these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment