Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

Parmesan Ham Noodle Dinner

I tend to make noodle dishes on Mondays. I'm not entirely sure why that is but seeing as today is Monday, we had noodles! Tonight's was based very loosely on several recipes so I will post what I specifically did.

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups of cooked ham, cubed
  • 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
  • 1/2 package (4 oz) of button mushrooms, chopped
  • 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
  • oregano
  • basil
  • parsley
  • garlic powder
  • 2/3 of a 16 oz box of shell noodles, uncooked
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
Directions:
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in mushrooms, onions, and ham. Cook until the veggies are cooked. 
2. Add in seasonings and cook another minute.
3. Stir in milk, water, flour, and noodles. (You can use the entire box if it fits in your skillet but mine did not). Cook for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
4. Add in peas. Cook for another minute or two. 
5. Stir in cheese and sour cream. Continue cooking until heated through.

This came together very quickly, especially after the veggies were chopped (I am very slow at prep work). David rated this an 8 out of 10 but wasn't sure what would make it better. I rate it about an 8.5. There was an unusual flavor to it and I'm not sure if it was the Parmesan cheese or the sour cream. I added in both because mine was still too liquidy with just a couple minutes of cook time left. Plus, I always seem to have sour cream I'm trying to use up. It is a very good dish though and I would definitely make it again (or something similar, depending on what I have on hand). You could easily adapt the veggies, cheese, or even the meat choice. The possibilities of this are endless! I love dishes like that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment