Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

Chocolate Banana Waffles

I woke up this morning and my 4 year old was begging for a "special" breakfast. I don't usually have a lot of time in the morning so sometimes I'll make a breakfast the night before and serve it in the morning. But today, I hadn't prepared anything. We actually weren't having a crazed morning so I agreed when she said she wanted waffles.

I found this recipe but it needed some modifications. This was my first time making it and I followed the ingredients and the instructions (although I did use canola oil instead of coconut oil because my coconut oil wasn't behaving and I used all-purpose flour because I don't buy specialty flours).

Next time, I will combine all the wet ingredients, so I don't have to mash the bananas in a separate bowl and then add the dry to them. I will also add chocolate chips because we could hardly taste the cocoa powder. It came out a little thick too so I might even use less flour, although waffle batter should be a little thicker.

So I would make them again, they weren't bad the original way. They just weren't what we were looking for this morning.

I also HIGHLY recommend doubling the original recipe because I did and I still only got 6 waffles out of it. It all fits in a large mixing bowl just fine (sometimes I double recipes and then find out I have a hard time mixing it all because there's not enough room left in the bowl).

No comments:

Post a Comment