Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2017

High Protein Breakfast Muffins

This morning I was looking for something to have for breakfast. I typically have a protein smoothie but we just got a Keurig (for free!!) so I was trying a coffee concoction and I thought that would be too much liquid to do a smoothie for breakfast too. I always need high protein in the morning though or I get sick so what can I do but Pinterest about it!

I found this recipe but I only had 2 bananas on hand so I cut it in half.

So I did 2 bananas, 1/2 cup oats, 1 whole egg, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 2 T baking powder, and 1/4 cup peanut butter. I mixed it all by hand since I still haven't been able to find my mixer (it's packed) but that actually went better than I expected. This made 6 muffins perfectly (I don't think the original poster ever mentioned how many muffins it makes). This was really good! I'm glad I added the chocolate powder too. I could even see this being good with other powders. I think you could change it up quite a bit and still get a good result!

If you're sharing it with kids, like I was, I recommend a plant based protein powder. It's gentler on their tummies :)

I will definitely make these again and it actually went really quick! (I'm always nervous to make something that requires bake time because I need to eat pretty soon after waking up but this wasn't so bad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment