Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Pasta Sauce Cheesy Beef One Pot Wonder

First post of the new year! Yay! I have high hopes of blogging more this year, but let's see how that actually goes. :)

Last night, I made this recipe with just a few modifications. It turned out SO good but I'm not sure the cheeseburger flavor was very strong. I think the can of tomatoes and the pasta sauce kind of took away from it. But that's okay! It was still delicious.

My ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1/3 can of Hunt's Traditional pasta sauce
1 large jar of tomatoes from Grandma's garden
1 medium onion
~1/4 cup ketchup (I eye balled it)
~1 tablespoon yellow mustard
8oz block of cheddar cheese
1lb box large elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups water plus 1 bouillon cube (I thought the two cups was going to make the end result too liquidy and this worked out just fine)
1 roma tomato for garnishing (I rarely do the garnish for a recipe but I thought this was worth it. If you don't have one, that's okay too)


Then I followed her cooking instructions. Despite the elbow noodles needing less time to cook according to the box, they did still take the full time she had said (13 minutes?).

This makes a big batch (about 10-12 servings) so be sure to use a big enough pot! But I do love one pot wonders, especially with my current kitchen cooking conditions.

I will DEFINITELY make this again. David couldn't stop eating it and the kids even ate some of it! (That's a big deal these days. They aren't picky, they just don't eat dinner for some reason, even if it's something they asked for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment