Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Would You Sell Your Dream Car?

We are a family of Jeeps. Our typical vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee that gets around 20 miles per gallon. My husband drives this car to work but if I need the car, he drives his Jeep Wrangler (which gets around 15 miles to the gallon). Obviously ,we need a better gas efficient car. The car that makes most sense to get rid of would be the wrangler. David's cousin is even interested in it and would pay us good money for it. However, this is David's dream car. This particular one is beat up (but that's half the fun of it for him. He loves working on cars.) but has a great engine (Wranglers can come with more than one kind of engine and from what I understand, this is the better one) and to my knowledge, has never needed a jump in winter (a huge plus for the area we live in). Jeeps also have some of the most comfortable car seats I've ever sat in. This car is also rusty, old (I think it's a 92), really bumpy to ride in, a manual (so I am able to drive it but not comfortably), etc.

It makes total sense to sell it and use the money for a better gas efficient car but I think David is going to have a hard time giving it up. He knows that eventually he can get another Jeep Wrangler but who knows if that is actually going to happen. He has his dream car now and wants to keep it. It just doesn't make any sense for our current situation.

I think we're going to end up selling it and David will just have to say goodbye to another car but what do you guys think? Would you give up your dream (in progress) car?

No comments:

Post a Comment