Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Cute Mother's Day Gift

Yesterday was Mother's Day. David and I were looking for something easy and DIY to give our moms. Since this was their first year being grandmas, we decided a gift from our daughter would be the cutest.

I am not sure if David came up with this on his own or if he found it somewhere but I can't take any credit for it. We have a lot of embroidery hoops at our house (don't ask) so we took some canvas I had leftover from a project, inked up our baby's foot and made a footprint. Then we added the quote with fabric markers "Only the best moms get promoted to grandma" and added our daughter's name and the year. Put the canvas in the hoop, clean the foot, and you're all set! We would've done her hand print since their valentines from her already had her footprint but she keeps it in a fist too often and that would've been much harder.

I also apologize for not putting a picture of it on here but for my daughter's privacy, I don't want her name out there and since it's on the gift, I can't post the picture.

It's very simple (and cheap if you happen to have everything on hand like we did!) and cute.

I hope all you moms out there had a nice day yesterday. I know I had a very nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment