Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Salmon Tacos

Over the weekend, I made salmon tacos. It sounds a little strange but was actually pretty good.

1 can salmon (we eat a lot of canned fish around here because it still has the nutrition but it's much cheaper than buying the fresh fish)

1 can black beans (we actually finally got around to cooking our bag of beans the other day so I just pulled a 2 cup container out of the freezer)

1 cup salsa (I didn't measure. I just used enough so it didn't look dry)

1/2 cup cheese (I also didn't measure this. You may want more or less due to your liking. We used colby jack.)

Combine everything in a bowl and serve in shells or with tortillas. We ate it cold/ room temperature the first night but the leftovers got warmed up and that made it a little better. I also added sour cream to mine since they suggest adding regular taco toppings.

It was pretty good and really easy and extremely quick. I think I'd make it again but it wasn't fantastic. Maybe only 7/10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment