Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Enchilada Stuffed Pasta Shells

I apologize for all the recipes lately but with baby taking up a lot of my time, cooking has been my only other "hobby".

As usual, I had some things to use up so that is where this recipe came from. I needed to use up some black beans (I only used half of my container in the salmon tacos) and about 1/2 cup of sour cream.

I found a recipe for enchilada stuffed shells but I had to modify it to what we had on hand so it's really become mine now. It's also DELICIOUS! Both David and I rate this 8.5-9/10 stars! This is what I used and had on hand but you're welcome to modify it (as always).

  • 1 cup of beans
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 can corn (I would've used frozen but I wasn't sure about thawing it before baking with it or not)
  • 3 ish tablespoons of sour cream
  • 1/2 box (6 oz) of jumbo pasta shells
  • 1 cup cheese
  • 1/2 can enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make the shells according to the box. Rinse thoroughly with cold water, so you can handle them.  Mix the beans, salsa, corn, sour cream, and half of the cheese in a bowl. Stuff shells with bean mixture. Pour a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce in a 9x13 pan and spread it with the back of a spoon. Add the stuffed shells (in rows). Add remaining sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment