Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

David and I really wanted meatloaf but with the temps starting to rise now that it's spring, I didn't want to have the oven on for a whole hour to bake it. I found a a recipe that uses muffin tins instead and only takes 25 minutes! We followed the recipe, as written, except we only used 1 pound of ground beef instead of 1 1/2 pounds. We did keep the rest of the ingredients the same. Oh but we didn't put the ketchup on top before baking.

This recipe turned out great and I loved that it had the veggies cooked right in. That makes it a perfect meal to give our baby, especially in the convenient size of a muffin. She loved it! We did too. I felt like you didn't need to add ketchup to the top because there was enough sweetness from the carrots and from the ketchup already in it but David did add it. I usually add ketchup to the top of my traditional meatloaf recipe though.

As much as we liked these, we still like our original recipes (from our moms!) better. I was thinking we could just take our recipes and make them in muffin tins, baking for 25 minutes. The only downside to this, is Baby doesn't get her veggies built right in but that's okay. I would make these again some time but I also feel they are a bit more prep work than our recipes. I love the concept though and what a time saver it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment