Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

New Cleaning Spreadsheet

I am the kind of person that needs a daily to-do list. I uses the free app called Taskos (and highly recommend it! You can even cross things off and see them crossed off. I love that feeling). Most of the time, half my to-do list is personal stuff (grocery shopping, gym, mail bills, etc) and the other half is cleaning. The problem with this is things only get added to the cleaning part of the list when they are out of control and need to be done. With a kid (and a pregnancy), it's kind of hard to make sure I clean everything as often as I should.

For this reason, I have come up with a spreadsheet in Google Drive (so I can use it on all devices) that lists all my regular cleaning things, quite specifically, and the date I last cleaned it. It's all broken down by room in the house. So for instance it says "clean downstairs bathroom sink" in one column and then the next column says "04/14/15". This way, I don't end up cleaning something six times in two weeks while another item gets neglected and last got cleaned three months ago (believe me, this somehow happens).

I can also use it for keeping track of things that you don't typically do weekly, such as oil changes on the cars, washing your mattress pad, cleaning out the junk drawer, etc.

I have only recently started using it so I'm not sure in how it's working out. I do still have to remember to update it, which can be a little bit of a hassle but having it electronic should make it easier. I'm very excited about this and I hope it stays effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment