Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dijon Maple Syrup Chicken

I had a package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs to use up (from Ruby's Pantry!) and I was running out of creative things to do with them. Chicken always seems so ordinary to me. Maybe I don't branch out enough. Anyway, I scoured Pinterest looking for a new idea and found this recipe. It is absolutely amazing! My husband and mom rated this a 10/10! There is only one or two other recipes my husband has ever rated that high so you know has to be good chicken!

I followed the recipe to a T because the opening disclaimers really scared me. I wanted this to turn out right. I used an 8x8 pan, double lined with tin foil. I went to the store special for Dijon mustard. I used the very last of our homemade maple syrup. And it turned out just like the author said it would!

The chicken was very easy to prepare with minimal prep work. I was surprised how long it bakes in the oven for but I suppose that gives you time to make the side dishes. (I served this with mashed potatoes. I will admit that after looking at our potatoes and deciding they should probably just be thrown away, I used boxed mashed potatoes. I did add in extra cheese and a big handful of chopped spinach to help them though. This was also a huge success! It was also an easy way to add in more vegetables).

I tried to do the corn starch mixed into the gravy to make the thicker gravy but my corn starch just clumped up. I'm not really sure why but this chicken was so good without the sauce that I don't think I missed it (but maybe I just don't know what I was missing!).

I will definitely make this recipe again but because store bought real maple syrup is so expensive, I guess I have to wait til spring again to get more from our trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment