Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Fly Tape

Before we went to the hospital for the birth of our son, we had a fruit fly problem in our kitchen. We thought that fly tape would be the easiest way to get rid of them so we bought a bunch. As David is putting it up, the tack breaks and I just happened to be leaning under him at the same time for access to the sink. Of course, this means the tape fell in my hair! Now it's not quite as gross as it could've been because at least it was a new strip so no flies were on it but still. This stuff is unbelievably sticky. Picture Winnie-the-Pooh's hand after he reaches into his "hunny" pot. It's a big mess.

So my hair is plastered to my forehead where it hit me and I'm both laughing at crying at this whole situation. Then as I'm googling how to get it out of my hair, I feel as though the fruit flies are attracted to me. None are even flying around my head and I wasn't in the kitchen but I just felt like now that the glue was in my hair, what was to stop them from getting stuck to me? This is really starting to freak me out.

I finally found the answer to get the glue out (thank goodness!). You wash your hair like you normally would but you use baby oil instead of shampoo. Good thing I have a baby or I may not have this on hand! Well, that worked but then I couldn't get the baby oil out of my hair. It was just way too oily. I had washed it once with shampoo in the shower after the oil but then I had to give up because I was ready for bed (gross, I know). The next day, I tried dry shampoo since that is supposed to be good at soaking up oils. I'm not sure that did anything. It took about 3 more washes in the shower before I finally felt clean again.

So long story short, if you ever get fly tape glue in your hair (and hopefully you don't because it's really not a pleasant experience), try baby oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment