Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Italian Zucchini Beef Skillet

I was going to make something a little more complicated than normal, a layered lasagna with zucchini layers instead of noodles. But it was almost 90 here today and I did not want the oven on that long. So I did what I do best: I improvised.

First cook up a pound of ground beef. Drain and add seasoning (I did onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and Italian seasoning. You could also add onions and peppers while browning the ground beef).

Next, I added chopped tomatoes (fresh from the garden!) with the middles removed. 

Then, I added a medium zucchini, shredded. I stirred it all up (over medium high heat) and drained again for the zucchini juices.

Lastly, I added a heap of mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup- 1 1/2 cups). I stirred it in until it melted and then I served!

My kids ate it! They thought the zucchini was cheese so no issue there and they love ground beef. My husband was also pretty impressed and I liked how quick it all came together (while using things from my garden!).

I will definitely make this again. I think it's also pretty versatile. You could add taco seasoning to your beef with salsa and corn and top with shredded cheese for a Mexican version. You could zoodle your zucchini and make the tomatoes into more of a sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment