Pages

Friday, August 3, 2018

Homemade Pasta Sauce

My garden has been SO good to me this year! We only have 3 producing tomato plants but regardless, I still have a lot of cherry tomatoes! Nothing beats a tomato fresh from the garden. They are just superior to any other tomato I've ever had.

I've been eating most of them raw but it was time to catch up. I looked up ways to freeze them for later use but they didn't really appeal to me. So I decided to make spaghetti sauce.

1. Wash and cut the stems off your tomatoes (I think I used about 20 but you can do however many you have). Slice in half.
2. Spray a baking sheet with oil and lay your tomatoes on it, sliced side up (this helps them not stick so much).
3. Add your seasoning. I used garden fresh basil and garlic but you can use dried too.
4. Roast in the oven 20-30 minutes at 400, or until soft.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for a bit. In a blender or food processor, blend the tomatoes with a splash of balsamic vinegar, a little salt, and other seasoning you desire.
6. You're done!

My kids, who won't even touch a tomato, actually ate this! I served it over noodles and they gobbled it up! I'm so excited I found a way for them to enjoy tomatoes too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment