Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Fettuccine Alfredo

I know I recently made an alfredo recipe (the BLT ravioli) but this one is better. It's also all made in one pot, even the noodles! I love one pot recipes because it sure makes for easy clean up. The recipe is really quick with no prep. I did add peas to have a vegetable in it but it would've been just fine by itself too. I also made the mistake of cooking the noodles for only 15 minutes. My box of noodles said 12 minutes for al dente so I thought the 15 the recipe called for would've been plenty but it wasn't. I realized too late though. It was still good but next time I'll check them before I turn the heat off.

My husband rated this a 10/10. He said it was absolutely amazing. I thought it could've been a little thicker but I had a problem with my cheese clumping up and not melting into the sauce. I was surprised by this because I even used fresh grated Parmesan--no green cans for this family! I think the noodles just got in the way for mixing it all up. So there is a chance that next time, I'll make it in two pans but I'll have to see.

I would make this alfredo sauce without the noodles sometime too. From now on, this will be my go-to recipe for alfredo. Some commenters had said they added a little bit of cream cheese to the sauce to make it thicker, so I would be willing to try that too. Maybe it would help my clumping problem or my thin sauce problem.

Despite all the flaws I have mentioned, this was still a really good recipe! Very quick, very easy and ingredients that are usually on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment