Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Whipping Cream Pound Cake

Hey everyone! I apologize for getting a little behind in blogging again. This time, my mom was in town and I never blog when she's around so I get to spend more time with her. I'm back though and I'll try to stay back. Our baby is 9 months old (today!) though so we'll see how that goes...

About a week ago, I made a whipping cream pound cake. I'm told Elvis really liked it but I only know about his obsession with peanut butter and bananas. I had some extra cream to use up so I thought this would be a good idea. Definitely not healthy but oh so delicious!

The recipe is quite simple with common ingredients. It does take 7 eggs though so good thing I had a stockpile of those (they were on sale for 99 cents!)! I will mention that I didn't sift the flour. They say to do it twice but I didn't even do it once. I usually skip steps like those. I'm sure it doesn't turn out exactly the same but to me, it's a waste of time. You can decide for yourself.

My husband rated this cake a 10 so you know it has to be good. We ate it plain, no glaze or anything. Next time, I'd be curious to try a different flavored extract but David didn't seem interested. He liked it just the way it was.

It did stick to the pan a little bit so make sure you spray it well. It also took closer to the 70 minutes to bake. So, this recipe takes a while to make but most of it is the baking time.

I also recommend covering it once it's cut so it doesn't dry out. Ours dried out very quickly (but was still edible and yummy, just not quite the same).

No comments:

Post a Comment