Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Pork Chops and Banana Ice Cream

There are certain things I always have on hand. Pork chops are usually one of them because they are so cheap. I always buy the boneless ones. We have been out of them for about a month or more now but they just weren't going on sale. When I was at the store this past week, I saw they had bone-in pork chops for a pretty decent price. I probably sat in front of them for five whole minutes, trying to decide if I should get them or not. I finally decided on yes. Bones aren't that scary (we get whole chickens from David's grandma for free because she raises them for meat and those have bones so these shouldn't bother me so much).

So I found a recipe for bone-in and boy am I glad I made it! This recipe was really easy, pretty quick, and so so so good!! I added garlic powder instead of pepper (we just aren't fans of pepper but love garlic). I also didn't measure out any of the spices. Instead, I just rubbed them directly onto the chops because bone-in pork chops are HUGE and I had made up my spice mixture before I took the chops out of the fridge. I'm used to our boneless ones that are probably half that size. In other words, I had enough seasoning for about half of one of these chops.

I also had a hard time following the part where it says not to move the chops around in the pan while cooking. I LOVE stirring things and making sure things don't stick. I liked that these did give it a nice char in spots but I didn't like that it filled my kitchen with smoke so I was gagging practically the entire time I was making these. I had the thicker chops so I did have to put them in the oven too but that was no big deal.

I really recommend these! (in case you couldn't tell)

Then, I was trying to use up some frozen bananas and I found on pinterest that you can make ice cream out of them. You take 2 or 3 bananas (pre-frozen), peel them, and throw them in the blender. You blend until you get an ice cream consistency (just a couple minutes) and voila! You have ice cream. It's great. It's quick, easy, and tastes like ice cream. I couldn't believe that it was just bananas. No added sugars or fat or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment