Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cleaning Your Hairbrush

I'm just gonna say it. I have never cleaned a hairbrush or comb in my entire life. Usually when they get gross, I decide they're cheap enough to throw it out and buy a new one (this happens every few years). I am always good about getting the hair out of it right after I use it but those little dust things that happen around the bristles sure annoy me. I decided to follow this advice. You mix warm water, 1/4 cup borax, and a squirt of dishwashing soap (preferably in your sink but any basin should do it). Then soak your brushes and combs for 30-45 minutes. Let air dry. They're supposed to come out clean.

Well, I did this. I soaked them for 45 minutes. I had a comb and a brush, both mostly hairless but with the dusty things. This did nothing for the dusty things! I was so disappointed! It did clean the oils and grease out of them, which I suppose is an improvement. But it's really the dusty things that get to me. I have taken to cleaning them out with a tweezers but this has taken me about an hour so far and I'm not done (I know, you're thinking "how gross is her hairbrush??" but they're just so tedious!).

From now on, I will just replace my hairbrush every time they bug me until I figure something else out. Pinterest fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment