Pages

Friday, June 19, 2015

Homemade Spinach Crackers

To continue the veggie effort, I decided to make homemade spinach crackers. I actually doubled the spinach they said to and used salt (not bouillon). I tried to make these in the blender, rather than the food processor but it got too thick and I ended up mixing a lot of it by hand. They definitely were easy to make though. The hardest part was rolling out the dough.

I think they taste sort of like saltines. I can't taste the spinach at all (although they do come out green). They're very dry and I wonder how they would be dipped in something.I rate these about a 3 out of 5. Little Girl doesn't mind them but she doesn't exactly gobble them up either. I'm not sure I'd make them again just because my target audience didn't thoroughly enjoy them. Although, I may try to experiment with different things in them such as cheese, bits of other veggies, or different seasonings.

There is a chance I made them thicker than they were supposed to be but I don't think this was a problem (and I didn't even have to adjust cooking time). The recipe says it makes about half a box of crackers. I was somehow expecting this to be more than a sandwich baggie full but I suppose that's about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment