Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Best Chicken Tenders Ever

Oh my goodness. Because I have gotten behind in blogging, David made these chicken tenders about a week ago and I'm just writing about them now. But I'm still thinking about them!

We were lucky enough to actually have chicken tender meat from Ruby's Pantry so the chicken took no prep work. We also don't have seasoning salt so we just used regular salt and I wouldn't change a thing about this recipe!

The recipe says to cook for about 3 minutes a side (6 minutes total) but our chicken needed more like 9 minutes total. We also could only cook two pieces at a time due to the pot we used (in an effort to use less oil) but this just meant we had to eat in shifts. I ate mine with a honey mustard dipping sauce but ranch or even nothing would be great too. I served them with oven roasted potatoes. The potatoes got kind of ignored because everyone was so obsessed with this chicken! It is seriously a 10/10!

Like in the pictures, ours came out a little light too (making it not look like restaurant chicken) but it was cooked all the way through and I don't think it sacrificed any of the taste. I would DEFINITELY make this recipe again (well, actually I'd have David definitely make this recipe again. He's my deep fry guy). We have tried other recipes in the past to get that crunchy, crispy outside and they were total flops. This is the way to go. We even did the homemade buttermilk (a tablespoon of vinegar for every cup of milk) since we never have buttermilk on hand (are there people who actually buy it when there's a substitution that's that easy??).

I believe this recipe made 16 tenders, which for us, was two packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment