Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes

Don't ask me how but somehow today, I found the time to make pancakes for lunch. Usually lunch is just heat up leftovers or something equally quick because Little Girl doesn't like waiting. I did give her her lunch first while I cooked and then when I was done, she still got some. Plus, there are some leftover for her to enjoy tomorrow.

The recipe is super simple and actually fairly quick (but nothing seems quick enough to a 16 month old). The only change I made to the original recipe was adding a dash of cinnamon to the dry ingredients. I mashed the bananas with my hands, which proved for lumpy pancakes but they still turned out okay.

I also don't usually cook the breakfast foods around here. They are one of the things David is really good at making and he understands our griddle so I let him do it. However, these just sounded really good and I got it in my head that I had to make them. So I did. I made them in a frying pan though because our griddle was in the dishwasher.

They turned out great! I would say I only got about 4 servings out of it but we eat a lot of pancakes around here. I think Little Girl ate a pancake and a half all by herself (after eating her whole lunch that is). I don't know where she puts it all.

The pancakes don't need syrup but everything is better with syrup on it. We even still had some of our homemade syrup left so this was extra good!

You can't even taste that they're whole wheat instead of white. I also bet for the people who like nuts (but not me), that they would be good with pecans or walnuts in them. These pancakes were basically banana bread in pancake form. You can't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment