Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Spinach Banana Pancakes

I have had these pancakes pinned for the longest time but I only got around to making them this past weekend. They are a fairly simple recipe and the ingredients are things I keep on hand (except agave nectar. I used regular sugar instead. I did consider using honey but honey and spinach together don't sound good to me). I also used milk instead of water.

My batter came out a little runnier than I was expecting. I'm not sure where that came from. It made for really thin pancakes. It's also a little harder to tell when these are done because of the green color. They still brown like a regular pancake, it's just harder to see it.

The banana flavor is really strong (but I like that) and the spinach flavor is almost non-existent. I will mention, though, that when they are leftover, the spinach flavor does get a little stronger. They were still yummy the second day, they just tasted healthier. I should also mention that I do not have a Ninja blender but my regular, cheap blender did just fine making the spinach small enough that other than color, it was undetectable.

Also, when using oil to make the pancakes, I had a hard time making sure the pancakes were cooked all the way through. When I used non-stick spray, the pancakes seemed to come out better.

My toddler really liked these, as did I. The banana flavor was a little strong for David since he doesn't like bananas. I would make them again but I think I would add more flour or something to make the batter a little thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment