Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

French Onion Turkey Noodle Casserole

This recipe is in no way healthy but it got rave reviews in this house (9/10!). I know the original uses chicken but I had frozen leftover shredded turkey from Thanksgiving so I used that instead. I actually think chicken might taste better, especially with the cream of chicken soup but the turkey is great too.

I made my own French onion dip with 1 cup miracle whip, 1 cup sour cream, and a packet of French Onion Soup mix. (Those are the directions according to the box). I followed the casserole recipe according to the original recipe and it was really good. I do think it was a little too salty (from the onion soup mix and the french fried onions) and next time, I may use less than a full packet for the onion dip.

It held up great for leftovers too. I will definitely make it again but sparingly, given the nutritional content.

I would wonder if you could add any vegetables (peas, broccoli?) to make it slightly healthier but french onion is such a strong flavor, I'm not sure how well the vegetables would pair with it. I do think there's room for improvement and I didn't like it as much as my family did but I still think it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment