Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Stuffed Kielbasa

I love recipes that use leftover mashed potatoes. I usually end up making a big batch of homemade mashed potatoes and then we are eating them for a week. Plain, ordinary mashed potatoes get tiring after a day or two.

I came across this recipe and knew it would be perfect. It doesn't use a lot of mashed potatoes but enough. It also uses sauerkraut, which we always have an abundance of. In this house and in the reviews, there are people who do not like sauerkraut that do like it in this recipe so don't let the kraut turn you away! Of course, it is optional if you don't have any on hand.

I seasoned the potatoes once I stuffed them in the sausage. I'm not sure I would use cheese next time. Maybe I'd leave them plain for the oven and then add butter or sour cream once it's out of the oven. I know that adds more fat and calories to an already high fat dish but it sure sounds good, doesn't it?

I will also mention that I didn't warm up the kielbasa, sauerkraut, or mashed potatoes (all from the fridge) in any way before I put it in the oven. I just put them in the oven for 13 minutes instead of 10.

This recipe is definitely a keeper. We all rated it about a 7 or 8 out of 10. It's ordinary and simple but those can end up being the best recipes! It also comes together really quick for those busy weeknights!

No comments:

Post a Comment