Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cooking Shows

(Note: I am not affiliated with any cooking shows nor am I endorsing any. I just am giving my opinions.) I don't think there is anyone more picky about what cooking show to watch than me. I love cooking shows and watch them frequently but there are not very many that I "approve" of. The one I liked the most was  Nick Stellino but they don't air his (at least by me) anymore. I also like John Besh with his New Orleans cooking but I wonder how healthy his food is because of all the butter and salt he uses. People like Rachael Ray are too perky to watch in the morning (but she's great in the afternoon!) and Julia's Child's old show bores me to tears. I have great respect for Julia Child and think she was great for her time but the cooking show she does with other master chefs is just so boring. Julia's comments seem unnecessary and she never helps, she only eats. Maybe it is just with her old age, she can't do anymore. I'm sure I'm missing out on part of the story but I feel like she was  more interesting and a much better cook in her early years (well, they aren't really early years since she started cooking late in life but the years before this show). Growing up, we had a Spanish TV channel and they always had the best cooking shows. There was something about not knowing what they were actually saying but their dishes always looked delicious!

Someday, I would love to have my own cooking show or restaurant but I don't think I'd like all the behind the scenes parts. I like cooking and baking and sharing what I know but I couldn't do any of the managing, financing, producing, and things like that. Seems silly I know but we'll see. Maybe I'll find a business partner who knows all that and I can just cook all the time! Wouldn't that be amazing?

Leave some comments and let me know what your favorite cooking shows are. I would love to check out something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment