Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hard Boiled Eggs

I have recently discovered that my husband LOVES egg salad. Egg salad is super easy to make.....once you make the hard boiled eggs. I can't be the only person who struggles with this because of the 100s of websites telling you how to get hard boiled eggs perfect every time. My first attempt was actually a huge success. I was surprised but figured that they were easier than everyone was making them out to be and from then on, I would know how to make them. Well, since then I have tried to repeat my success several times and have still failed. I'm doing the on the stovetop method. You cover the eggs in cold water (in a single layer, so if you're making a lot of eggs, you better have a big pot). Then put them on the stove (uncovered) until they boil. This part gets me because eggs themselves have bubbles so it's kind of hard to tell if the eggs or the water are boiling and what is considered boiling (you can also overcook eggs). Then you take off the heat completely for 12 minutes (if your eggs are large) and cover them. Voila! Your eggs should be done.

Are there any uses for eggs once they're sort of cooked but not quite hard boiled? If you make a big batch and you didn't let them cook long enough you get a lot of eggs you can't do anything with. If anyone knows of anything, please feel free to write it in the comments because otherwise, I'm going to be wasting a lot of eggs until I get this right.

No comments:

Post a Comment