Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Good News!

Hey everybody. I have good news! I am 13 weeks pregnant and due August 11th!!!!! Of course, I have known since week, like, 5 but we like to wait until I am farther along in case something happens. I'm sure those of you that have been pregnant before understand.

This was a planned pregnancy that we are very excited about. I remember when our daughter was first born (a year ago!!) we thought it was crazy that we ever wanted more than one child and why would people possibly do that but around 6 months, things got less chaotic around here and we fell into more a routine. It all got simplified. Now, don't get me wrong, raising a child is still a lot of work and responsibility. But there aren't as many sleepless nights (although our little angel still isn't sleeping through the night. We are, however, working on night time weaning and it's going surprisingly well), things are more predictable, and we are on a bit of a schedule (at least on most days). So, we feel much more ready than those first few months. I don't know if you can ever be 100% ready for a child but that's just life. You have 9 months to prepare and get ready but sometimes it seems as if you could have another 30 years and it's still not enough. Does that make sense? Either way, we feel prepared and are just so excited!

Unlike with my first pregnancy, I am feeling fantastic! I am more tired, but probably because I have a one year old to take care so I don't get to nap as much. I have only had two episodes of throwing up and my nausea is general is much less than the first time around (5 1/2 months of constant throwing up...not fun!). I do find myself more emotional though. Because of all these differences, I'm pretty much convinced I am carrying a boy (but I am not rooting for a boy or a girl. We would be happy with either). David still thinks it's a girl though. I think he just likes girls better now that he already has one.

Unrelated to pregnancy but something I feel like I should mention: I am going to start putting ads on this blog. I'll try to keep them from taking over but I felt it was time. I have been ad free for over two years but you always hear about how many people can make a good amount of money from ads on your blog. I don't want to sound selfish or greedy but if I'm spending the time to blog and share my thoughts, recipes, sewing patterns, etc with you, don't I deserve a little bit of something for my time? I hope this doesn't keep any of you away and I hope you understand. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment