Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Our Daily Schedule

I have seen some sample schedules for certain aged babies online but none of them seemed very realistic to me. I don't know if my kid just isn't the norm or if these other ones are fake. I thought I would share mine with you to see if any other parents have a similar schedule.

In case you don't know, I am a starting-to-wean but breastfeeding mom to a 12 month old. Of course, some days we have play dates or story hour at the library so this is a day we don't have anything else going on. I will also mention that she normally gets a nice walk outside but with it being winter, that isn't a part of our schedule right now.

5:30am-6:30am: Sometime within there, Baby wakes up and breastfeeds (she doesn't sleep through the night but we are working on it. This feeding will eventually be replaced with milk). Then, if my husband is working from home that day (a fairly common occurrence), he takes her downstairs and they play.
7:00am: My husband starts work so he puts Baby in bed with me. In other words, I wake up. I bring Baby back downstairs and we have breakfast together (usually fruit (like bananas), waffles or toast, or sometimes just cereal).
7:30am: We come into the living room and usually watch one episode of Curious George (I know they're not supposed to have screen time until age 2 but this is our cuddle time. Please don't judge me on this. She's my child.)
8:00am: Baby plays with her toys, usually by herself so I can clean up the kitchen a little bit from breakfast (I can see her playing from the kitchen).
8:30-9:00am: Sometime within there, Baby gets tired of playing so we go upstairs and get ready for the day. We both get dressed. Sometimes I have to breastfeed her again.
9:00am: We go to the gym. I workout and they watch her for me (for free!). She loves going and actually gets cranky if we miss this.
10:00am: We come home and she takes her first nap of the day, usually for 40 minutes.
10:40am: We have snack time (Cheerios, yogurt, cheese, Goldfish, etc) and she may breastfeed again.
11:00am: We play again. We alternate between her toys in the living room, our bedroom, and her bedroom. She has a lot of toys! This also includes reading books, looking out the window, etc.
12:00pm: We have lunch (usually leftovers from dinner the night before).
12:30pm: We go upstairs to visit my husband and our bunny (they're in the loft and he's not usually too busy to say hi to us. We play up there a little bit while he works)
2:00pm: She takes her afternoon nap. This time varies a lot. Sometimes it's 20 minutes, sometimes it's an hour or more.
3:00pm: My husband gets out of work (if he's at home) and takes over Baby duties. Baby wakes up and usually breastfeeds and has snack.
The rest of the night consists of David playing with Baby, making and eating dinner, then bath time and bedtime for Baby. She typically goes to bed around 5pm but we are trying to get it later, more like 7pm. We just can't keep her up any longer!

As you can see, unless she is playing by herself, I don't have much time for cleaning up the house or doing laundry but somehow I just make it work. Or, I do it when David gets out of work and takes over Baby duties, or even after Baby goes to bed. Days can be exhausting but I typically start winding down around 8pm and read in bed for a bit; early, but not as bad as it sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment