Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

My Baby Bump Popped!

I'll be 16 weeks pregnant this Wednesday and I have been dying for my bump. I've been getting fatter the past couple weeks but it never seemed significant or like a bump. Over the weekend (overnight actually, which is seemingly common), my belly finally popped and now it's quite obvious I'm pregnant! I wanted this bump since the day I found out I was pregnant. Everyone always wants it and then once they get it, they need new clothes and need to sleep differently and everything so it's kind of annoying but after birth, lots of people miss their bumps too.

The baby bump makes the pregnancy seem more real but I do feel like my body is no longer in my own control. David tries to understand all this but he's a guy so it's hard. I've also been getting stares from strangers in stores. I also notice they glance to my left hand to see if I have a ring on. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I swear that's what they're doing, probably because of my age.

I've also noticed that people stare less when I'm with David vs. when I'm on my own. I'm not sure why that is but that's even more annoying. I like that I have my bump and that people can tell I'm pregnant but I don't appreciate the stares. At least no one has tried to touch my belly yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment