Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Missing Sock

You always hear about the dryer "eating" socks. It's even a favorite topic in comic strips. However, I have never had this happen to me. The closest it's ever happened is one would fall in the basket below the washer when I was transferring to the washer. But then, I would find it right away because it was sitting in plain sight.

Well, I have officially entered the realm of a dryer eating socks. Unlike David, I match up all my socks into pairs when I fold laundry and this past week, one of my socks was missing. Most of my socks are white but a few are colored and this particular one is black so I thought that it would be easy to find. Boy was I wrong!

I went back downstairs and checked all the baskets, the washer, the dryer, the floor, everything related to the laundry room and nothing. So I went back to my folded laundry and checked most of the items for cling (I used vinegar to help with static cling but with how dry it is here, it still happens a little bit). No luck.

It has now been four days. My sock refuses to show up. Of course it's like my favorite pair. I know this may seem trivial to some people, especially if you knew how many pairs of socks I own but I just don't understand where it could've gone!

I'm not even convinced it's still in the house so if any of you see a black with blue trim, size 9 sock, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment