Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Third Trimester Hunger

Tomorrow I will be 31 weeks pregnant and I couldn't be any hungrier! I eat a regular sized meal, complete with protein, fiber, and nutrients and an hour later, I am starving. I don't just mean if I have a snack, I'll be good. I mean hungry! My stomach growls, my head hurts, and I just have to eat!

I'm worried about the weight gain from it. I know Teeny is growing a lot and needs more calories but even without these extra meals, I already feel like I'm eating a lot. My weight gain has been very good this whole pregnancy (or so my doctor says. I feel huge most days but I have only gained weight in my bump area so I suppose they're right). I just don't want to eat a million calories these last months and then balloon up.

On the bright side, this is the one pregnancy symptom that my husband can actually relate to because I've been eating like a teenage boy. I'm going to eat us out of house and home! It also makes leaving the house difficult because I need to pack snacks or make sure I'm going somewhere where I can eat.

It has gotten to the point where I will have to wake up in the middle of the night (no need to set an alarm. My growling stomach is loud enough!) to have a snack before I'm able to keep sleeping.

This is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment