Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Back From Vacation

Hey everybody! Sorry I forgot to mention I was going out of town (to my parent's house) for Thanksgiving weekend so I have not been blogging. We all had a great time but it's hard to believe the next time they'll see me, I'll have a baby! This was the first time my older brother saw me pregnant and he goes "it just looks like you have a pillow under your shirt". Ha ha, no it's definitely all me (and Teeny).

So anyway, before I went on vacation I finished up some sewing projects. For instance, I finally did the valence for the master bedroom. I still have to do the curtains in the living room but at least this gave me more confidence for that project. It was really rather easy to make. The hardest part was hemming the long sides. I didn't do a French seam on the back like I was supposed to but nobody looks behind curtains to check your seams anyway. I just did a regular, right sides together seam. I had 2 yards of fabric that I cut in 3 sections and sewed all the sections together. Then I cut it slightly (I was doing 2 1/2 times the window instead of 3 because I didn't want it too ruffly) and hemmed three sides. The top has a tube for the curtain rod. Then the end! We got it up and it looks great! It doesn't have the ruffle part above the rod, just the tube for the rod but that's the way we wanted it. I'm sorry I don't have a picture but I'm kind of in a rush this morning getting this posted so I can move on to unpacking more from vacation.

Speaking of unpacking, I had my first baby shower this weekend (it was my side of the family. David's side of the family is next weekend). It was lots of fun and I got SO much stuff! All of it is adorable of course but boy was our car full when we drove home! It makes the experience seem a little more real and I'm even more excited for Teeny now (if that was possible). I'm starting to feel really huge, especially because my cousin was there and she's two months behind me in pregnancy so she seems really small next to me.

Then, before we left for vacation (sorry this post is all over the place), I made a little thing that holds my pins and needles for sewing on the go. It folds up and is about the size of a baby's bootie (baby on the brain!). It is really nice and convenient. I got the pattern out of one of my library books. It was probably the first project I made without getting frustrated and in one sitting. It took about an hour and a half. I also do not have a picture of this but if you are curious, I can post one later. It did work out really nicely for when I hand sewed in the car. It can even fit my little scissors.

Alright, I think you are all caught up now. I apologize again for how rushed this was but coming back from vacation is always a struggle to get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment