Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Pancakes

I was trying to use up milk (seems like I'm always trying to use up something, doesn't it?) and came across the idea of making pancakes. Usually, we make ours from a box mix since we keep it on hand for our waffle maker anyway. We do have a recipe for butter pancakes that we've made once. They oozed butter and were SO delicious (and so bad for you!) but I was unable to find that one this morning so I googled for another one.

This is the one I used. I followed other user's suggestions and downsized the salt to 3/4 tsp and added 1 tsp of vanilla (although since I didn't measure and it came out faster than I thought it would, it was probably closer to 1 tablespoon. Oops). I also just whisked everything together instead of making the well. I hadn't picked a big enough bowl to do that and the whisk was just easy. I don't think it over mixed it or anything. They still turned out great!

This was my first time ever making pancakes because growing up, my dad always made them and then when I got married and moved out, David always made them. Breakfasts are one of the things he can cook without much instruction or guidance. He was busy this morning though (he's work from home today) and I really wanted to make pancakes so I figured I'd just do it. They couldn't turn out that awful. And I was right!

The recipe says it makes 8 servings but I only got 13 pancakes and a pan sized one (I got sick of flipping near the end. I was surprised I could actually flip this one but it was perfectly golden and David said it was delicious) and to me, that doesn't feed 8. I'd say maybe more like 4 servings.

I was happy that it included all ingredients I keep on hand plus it didn't use all that much butter because we need 16 sticks for our Christmas cookies tonight/tomorrow! We couldn't remember if we had bought an extra box or not (to still have butter on hand after all that) so I was glad this didn't use much. Plus, even though it didn't make many pancakes, I was still able to use over a cup of milk plus we each had milk to drink with breakfast and we used it up! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment