Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Pajama Pants

Even though David's birthday is not until New Year's Eve, I decided to work on (and give him) his present early since with Teeny coming, who knows when I'd actually be able to finish it. I did it last night with the help of his mom. My fabric is a gray and red flannel that I bought at Jo-Ann's when it was on sale. I used a McCall's pattern (also on sale--otherwise those are not cheap!) and it was my first time using an envelope pattern.

We did add a pocket to the pants because otherwise, they wouldn't have any. We only did one though because it was kind of a lot of work (considering what it is). I forgot to prewash my fabric but I think they turned out big enough that even if they shrink, they will still fit him (if they don't, then I get them!).

I did not find this to be as easy of a project as I had predicted. Part of it could be that I'm almost 36 weeks pregnant so everything is becoming exhausting but otherwise, I'm not sure why I had so much trouble with it. Looking back, I think the most annoying part was cutting out the pieces.

I will admit (as will David's mom) that pants are really weird. Most of the time, you just have to follow the instructions for what to pin and sew together because as you're making them, they certainly don't look like pants. There were several times when I thought that we had just sewed the two legs together into one giant leg) when really that was just the top of the pants. What nonsense!

The pattern was relatively easy to follow if you kept track of which piece was which. They did have a few things I would change for next time but nothing worth mentioning to those of you unfamiliar with the pattern. I would like to make a pair of pants for me (some day) and the night shirt that you can also make with this pattern but that is a ways into the future. I am excited with how the pants turned out though and I think David really likes them. Sorry I don't have a picture but they're basic pajama pants with a drawstring and a pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment