Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Cuddle Drop Pillows

In one of my books of sewing patterns from the library, I found a really cute, cuddly pillow in the shape of a tear drop. It even has a face! Of course I had to make it.

I had most of the materials but in my head, I thought I needed flannel. Turns out it was fleece. I also thought I needed a half yard but it was only a third so I  now have some extra left. Obviously, my memory isn't what it used to be (ha!). I picked a blue because it was pretty and if it's a tear drop shape, I thought that would look the nicest but you could really do any color. I was disappointed that the book gave me the pattern for the face but not the tear drop shape. I made it work out okay though.

This was actually kind of easy to make but would've been really hard to do by hand because they make you stitch everything at least twice (sometimes three times!) instead of just once. It also uses a lot of zig zag stitches.

I'm happy with the way mine turned out. I think it's cute. I only put the eyes on (in purple felt) instead of the decorative button and some fancy stitching. I would've done those but I couldn't figure out their purpose and it just seemed like a waste of time to me because I like mine the plainer way. Plus, who wants to cuddle with a button?

Here is a picture.
Mine is bigger than it's supposed to be. The one in the book is only a foot tall and mine is more like a foot and a half. I think the eyes are cute but now I'm wishing I had done some sort of a mouth (but they didn't suggest that).

It was relatively easy to make but I would've appreciated a pattern for the tear drop. If any of you are interested in making it, just put it in the comments and I can do a quick tutorial for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment