Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting Ready for Teeny

Now that Teeny is due in like, a month (my due date is January 15th), I'm starting to panic about how little time is left. I did have both of my baby showers and we got a LOT of stuff but of course, there's always more. Babies require so much stuff and it doesn't help that we don't currently have a place to put it all. The room David and I came from before moving to the master is going to be Teeny's room for a few weeks (most likely) until the real nursery is ready but we were living in that room without trim and a few other fix ups so we are working on doing that now. The room should be done by Christmas and then we can move all Teeny's stuff in there. For now, it's in the living room, haunting me that it doesn't have a home.

I am also discovering that lots of things for babies are easy to make and cheaper to make than to buy but now that it's getting closer, I have to make the decision if I have the time to make it or if we'd be better off buying it to save me stress. I do plan on making some burp cloths, bibs, an extra crib sheet, patchwork sleep sack, and a changing pad though. Because of this, I have been busy sewing. There are other projects I want to get done before Teeny too so I have been working on those. The most recent being a Christmas tree skirt and living room curtains. I'm almost done with both and will try to post when complete (we are having major computer issues so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post this month and then of course, when Teeny comes I imagine I will have a hard time finding time to post as well).

It is also about the time to start making double batches of meals to freeze one batch for when Teeny is here. Then I don't have to cook. I will have my mom come help but of course, anything I can do to prepare and help beforehand will make everyone's lives easier.

I guess I'm just starting to feel the stress of it all. I wouldn't say I'm nesting but I'm definitely wishing I could get more done, let setting up the nursery. I just have to take it one day and a time and remember we can always buy more stuff (like clothes because it's impossible to know what size to buy until you know how big your baby will be) when I'm in the hospital or within that first week.

I'm definitely getting huge and uncomfortable, although I'm pretty sure I was saying that months ago. I'm barely getting any sleep between being too warm no matter how few blankets or clothes I have on, getting up hourly to pee, rolling over in bed requires a three point turn, and not being able to lay on my back, sides, or stomach. I haven't figured out how to sleep yet. I suppose it's just preparing me for when I will truly get no sleep once Teeny is crying all night.

35 weeks and just trying to stay positive and get a lot done!

No comments:

Post a Comment