Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Corn on the Cob

Lots of food posts lately! Can you tell I've been feeling better so I can actually cook more?? It sure is nice! Anyway, we got corn on the cob from David's family (yay! more free food!) so we had to figure out how to cook it.

First of all, don't husk it until you are ready to cook it. I'm not entirely sure why this is but I assume it makes if you do it too early, your corn could dry out or something (kind of like peeling an apple way before eating it? I don't know. My guess.)

Now bring a covered pot of cold water to a boil. Add your (husked) corn and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using tongs, take it out of the water when time is up and you're done!

A couple notes: DO NOT salt your water. This makes your corn tough--not something you want. You can, however, add sugar to your water. David and I didn't do this but we did end up slathering it in salt and butter when it was done cooking and it was the most delicious thing I ever tasted (well, on that day. I swear I get a new favorite food every day). It was just like something from the fair---not really all that healthy for you (or at all really) but SO good you can't help but eat it anyway! Of course, you can eat yours plain or not completely smothered.

I'm also pretty sure you could make it in the microwave if you wanted. You'd have to have a covered microwavable container big enough to hold your corn and enough water to boil it in. I know my mom does this method but I'm sorry I can't be more help with it. I would assume you boil your water and let your corn sit in it for 3-4 minutes. (But I don't know how much microwave time that takes).


No comments:

Post a Comment