Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hot Weather, Kicks, Sunburn

Boy oh boy has it been hot here! This last heat wave (which hopefully ends today, started on Sunday) was even worse than the one a month ago! The temp was easily 100 every day with heat indexes even higher (living in the midwest with humidity is REALLY awful sometimes). Of course, being pregnant and without a/c I am a million times hotter than most people. It took some pretty intense public air conditioning (think library, out to dinner, seeing movies, etc) for me to even stop sweating while David is sitting next to me shivering. Being warmer while pregnant is no joke! 

But a happy thing about being pregnant this week is that David felt Teeny kick! Well, actually I think it was more of a headbutt because it definitely felt bigger than a foot but it's so exciting that he can feel too! He can't feel nearly as many as I can but it's still early. They say usually the dad can start feeling around 20-27 weeks and I'm 20 weeks today but he felt it a couple days ago. I seem to have advanced symptoms for everything. 

One more sad thing about being pregnant during this heat is that pregnant women get sunburned more easily because we produce more melanin. Great! I literally got sunburned walking from the house to the car in our driveway (maybe 40 steps away?). Not enough to get pink but enough to get itchy and start peeling. If you're outside for under 30 seconds, you should not be getting sunburn! That is just ridiculous but I guess I'm stuck in the house for the rest of summer unless I want to slather on sunscreen (which by the way, the smell makes me nauseous). 

I hope I don't complain about this pregnancy too much...I can't wait for the baby but I seem to have every bad symptom there is! Usually people don't get ALL of them but I guess I'm an exception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment