Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Backwards Day

Today has been very strange all because of my husband. He normally works 7am-3pm (with an hour commute each way so he's actually gone 6am to 4pm). Today he had some thing he had to do at work overnight so he's working 4pm-Midnight (leaving at 3pm, coming home around 1am). This means our day was completely backwards! It was kind of fun. We got to go garage saling (saleing? sale-ing?) a day early (we tend to go on Saturdays, when all the good stuff is already gone), have a nice nap together, and just enjoy the day. It was sort of like a weekend (until he had to leave anyway). I don't think he'll be working this shift often. It's like a once a year kind of thing but it got me thinking if he always worked it. I think it could be nice for a while, especially when the kids are little but I do think it would get old. Plus, then when the kids are in school, they would never get to see him. So obviously both job shifts have pros and cons but I think I'll stick with his regular routine. This change can be nice though, at least once a year. He even got to see how lazy Cocoa is during the day! (She's not nocturnal but pretty close to it. She lounges around all day and then is up and awake when he gets home from work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment