Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

General Updates

Cocoa has recovered from her surgery. She was back to her old self until this afternoon. We think she is...uncomfortable. She's been eating more pellets than she should, which have then been replacing her hay intake. We've tried to give her more greens (dandelions from outside actually) but she doesn't seem impressed.

My aunt and cousin are coming to visit tomorrow. This gives me extra incentive to get the house cleaner before they arrive. My aunt has seen my house almost exactly a year ago (when we weren't even living in it) but my cousin has never seen it. I think they will be impressed with what we've done! At least I sure hope so. We even have more trim up downstairs. It looks particularly  nice on the doorways in the living room and dining room. I can't wait to finish the foyer either. That will look really nice (but doesn't really have a purpose yet. It's a huge room.)

David and I have been grilling a lot more lately. We don't have air conditioning so we are trying to use our oven and stove as little as possible during the warm months. I don't think you could ever get sick of grilling. Besides, we are looking into using the grill like a stove so we can make casseroles and other things that would traditionally be made in an oven. Also, we plan on using our slow cooker (in the garage), especially on rainy days.

Our raspberries are starting to get buds too! David also planted his pineapple tonight. He couldn't be more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment