Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Recent Sewing Projects

I have mentioned some sewing projects I have been working on in previous posts but I haven't updated you all on them for a while now. The first, is the coasters (you can find the link under my crafts and projects tab). I'm actually almost done with them. I would've been done a long time ago but I am hand sewing them. When I started, I didn't have a sewing machine. Now I do but I'm still kind of timid with it (still trying to get the hang of it) so I don't want to mess up what I've already started. They're very cute and I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done. I did make a few changes to the original but that was only to make it easier to hand sew. We have been needing coasters for a long time. I know we could buy them at Goodwill or some place but it seemed like a good project to start with.

The second thing I am working on is a wet/dry bag for my reusable pads. It's about 8x5 and has a zipper across the top (my first zipper!). My mother in law is helping me lots with it since I wasn't really sure how to get started. The outside is cotton (fat quarters actually) and the lining is a polyester something (for water resistance). It will have a divider in the middle to keep the clean ones separate from the dirty ones. I'm about halfway done with it but I haven't worked on it in a while because I have been doing this one with my machine and I've already had to rip open a bad seam (which meant I got to buy a seam ripper! I love getting new supplies).

For my birthday from my mother in law, I got a couple books about sewing and things to do with fat quarters (which are pretty much the only fabric supplies I have right now) so I am excited to get started on new projects. I should probably finish what I've started before I move on though...

No comments:

Post a Comment