Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Clothes Pin Holder

We have recently set up a clothes line in our laundry room. I have been waiting for it for basically two years now and we even bought it a long time ago (months? a year?) and now it's installed! I'm not sure what took it so long but I couldn't be happier. This especially comes in handy for drying my new cloth pads.

Anyway, I need something to hold my clothes pins because the packaging they come in is rather annoying. I thought about just buying a bucket but I thought it would be nice if it would hang on the line too. I used this tutorial and found it very easy to follow and very simple!

I had to adjust my fabric size just a little bit because for some reason, most of my fat quarters are 18 x 21 instead of 18 x 22. I don't miss that one inch though. The only problem is I used the plastic embroidery hoops and those don't tighten. I think it'll still work out though. I also had David construct me an S hook out of wire and then we hung it on the line.

The tutorial says you can use interfacing if you want but I think mine is stiff enough without it. Your preference of course.

There is the finished product sitting on my ironing board! I'm not sure how it happened, maybe when everything got folded over around the hoops, but the front of mine is lower than the back. I actually like this because it makes it easy to reach in and grab the pins. I will also mention that the yellow and black (outside fabric) was actually one of the first fat quarters I ever bought and I'm finally using it!

Since yesterday, I have actually made another one of these, although much smaller for a different purpose. These bags are so handy and I can see myself making about 50 more for various things. I also think they would look nice if you did install a rod like in the tutorial and made about 5 or 6 of them to store various supplies above your sewing table. I might just steal my own idea for my own table!

I struggled with the square corners for my wet bag but on this project, it was somehow a lot easier and I didn't have any problem. Maybe that just means I've acquired that skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment