Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wet/Dry Bag 2

Once again, I am inspired to make my own pads (and maybe actually do it this time!) but first I needed a place to put them. So I made a wet/dry bag because I ended up using my divided one for nursing pads. I used this tutorial with a few minor changes. This was a really simple bag and I could easily make a lot of them (or more in different sizes!). In my previous post, I had mentioned I had learned how to do a boxed bottom by using the seam and cut method and it was with this project!

My outside was part of a cotton fat quarter and my inside is a vinyl-y type of fabric I got at a fabric garage sale a while ago. I figured both of these make the bag washable, which may come in handy if I really do end up storing used reusable pads in it for on the go.

I did make mine a little smaller because I wanted it to fit in my purse, plus the zipper I had was only 9 inches, rather than 10. Then I had intended to leave out the part of the zipper to make a cute little tab for it but for some reason, mine didn't work out that way. I think it had something to do with my sewing over the little metal pieces at the end of the zipper. This also causes not only a broken needle (boy, was that a mess to fix!), but also the end of your zipper doesn't line up so there is a teeny tiny gap when you close the zipper (meaning it doesn't close 100% of the way). That's okay though. It's good enough for me! Plus, it's easy enough I could make another one if I wanted.


As you can tell from my size comparison with a computer mouse, this is a small bag! But I think it'll be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment