Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Food! Dessert (part 1)

With my mom here last week, I got a little behind in posting (what else is new?) so here are 8 new recipes that I tried.

First on the list, is puppy chow cookies. These cookies didn't quite turn out the way I wanted them to. I accidentally burned the bottoms (they were too close to the heat coils in the oven) and then the chocolate didn't melt to the right consistency so I ended up frosting them. They were still good but definitely not what I expected. I imagine if they hadn't burned, they would've been much better. Maybe next time I'll just make actual puppy chow. This recipe also surprised me that the cookie itself is just a peanut butter cookie. I would've put some chocolate in the cookie too.

The next recipe doesn't have a link. I found it on pinterest but when I clicked to go to the link, the link went to something else (don't you hate when that happens??) so I just followed what the comments said to do.
  • 3 bananas
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350. The title of this is healthy cookies but mine seemed a little too soupy for cookies so I put it in an 8x8 glass pan and baked for closer to 20 minutes. These bars turned out really good and reminded me of banana chocolate chip bread. I did like that they didn't have any added sugar or even flour, making this recipe so simple. I will mention I did not know if the order of the ingredients mixed together mattered, like for cookies, so I tried to do all the wet ingredients first then mix in the dry.

Peanut Butter Banana Bars are delicious! These were relatively healthy too and just as quick as the previous bars. I really recommend these, especially for a lighter breakfast. I know the ingredient list is a little long but it should all be things you have on hand.

My last dessert is Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. These were also really good and quick. I found out during making them I only had 13 cupcake liners so I made the full recipe for 24 muffins into only 13. Mine turned out huge but still cooked in the right amount of time, surprisingly!

So can you tell I had some frozen bananas to use up? I made all these in the same day (my mom sure had a job of washing my mixer over and over) and I still have 2 bananas left!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment