Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chicken Sloppy Joes

I am still trying to come up with creative ways to use up our leftover chicken. It's already cooked, which eliminates a lot of recipes. Last night, I really wanted barbecue. We don't buy barbecue sauce (I'm not sure why. We just never have nor do we make our own) so the next closest thing we came up with was sloppy joe sauce with added liquid smoke for tang. Next time, I'd add more liquid smoke but it's strong and normally, we add too much so we only added a few drops. 

Also, every time we make sloppy joes, we add in more chopped peppers. The sauce already comes with a few fragments but this way we can sneak in another vegetable (plus we had carrots on the side). I loved this recipe. I put mine in a wrap since we had a limited number of slices of bread. David had his open faced with bread (and french fries on top. He always does that with sloppy joes. I think it's weird but I guess it's not that different from like chili fries) He didn't like it as much as the ground beef but he'd eat it again. It certainly is a different texture but maybe that's why I liked it so much. I'm starting to like ground beef more but I'm still not completely sold on its texture. 

Now I have to come up with another chicken recipe for tonight since the chicken has already been in the fridge for a while. We're going to be eating chicken all weeks it appears but the way we received the chicken from David's parents was a whole chicken per bag (frozen) so you can't really break that up any smaller. And we still have another one too! They're supposed to last us until next year, which would work out better if they were frozen in smaller increments because now we have to eat a whole chicken like as soon as possible. We're going to be chickened-out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment