Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tote Bag Kit Complete!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a kit for a quilted tote bag (not the canvas-y kind). I finally finished it the other night! I was so excited because each step seemed harder than the last. Although, after I purchased it, I was told that bags are actually pretty hard to make. I would've thought they'd be easy, especially when they don't have zippers, because they look pretty easy but now I can say from experience too that BAGS ARE NOT EASY TO MAKE. They're do-able. Don't let me scare you off but they will take work.

I will not be telling you how to do it because I had to pay for the kit and that doesn't seem fair to me, plus it's probably illegal to share the instructions. I also don't have a picture for you but that is just because my camera is having some issues. It's basically a big tote bag. No pockets. No zippers or fasteners. Just a bag and two handles. I think it would be perfect to taking books to the library and back.

I'm just excited to be done with it. If I could go back, I would redo my handles because as I might have mentioned before, my bobbin came unthreaded (I don't know if that's the right wording but basically my bottom stitches were loose every couple and it took me an entire strap to figure out why). But seeing as it's my first bag, I don't really mind. I'll do a better job and be on the lookout for this next time.

I think my next project is going to a blanket for my little brother (he's not all that little. He's a junior in high school but to me, he'll always be in kindergarten). I made one for him last year because there is a specific blanket we always used to fight over and I took it with me when I moved out. Now, he has his own version. When I asked him what he wanted this year, he said another blanket. I don't have instructions or anything for this blanket but it's going to be polar fleece on one side, flannel on the other. It will also have a binding (which I have never done before) but I haven't decided yet what material that will be made out of. Did I also mention it's like six different colors of fabric? I hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment