Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Stove Top Potatoes

We were given a lot of red potatoes from David's grandma and we are always looking for new recipes since dirty mashed potatoes are kind of our go to. With red potatoes, I feel like you can't do as many things but the only thing I can really think of is baked potatoes. So yesterday was one of those days were I was searching for a new recipe. Potatoes can take a while to bake in the oven so I wanted something faster. Then I found this recipe. They are so good!

We didn't measure our spices, although they were probably close amounts to what the recipe called for. We also left out the onion powder since we only have minced onion for some reason. The potatoes never did get brown but we also had the problem with them sticking to the pan, even in one of our non-stick pans with butter. I think this would've made them taste even better if we didn't have that trouble. They also took longer to get soft than the 6-8 minutes. I think it was closer to 15.

Also, I'm not sure if it's because they stuck or just because potatoes can be bland by themselves but I might add more seasonings next time to account for the fact that the middle of the potatoes don't have much flavor. We cut our pieces super small (smaller than bite size actually) and still had this problem so we'll adjust for next time.

This was a very easy, quick recipe that I would rate 4 stars out of 5 but if they browned, it might get the full 5.  We served them with fish but they reminded me a lot of breakfast potatoes so you could also easily serve them with eggs. Actually, potatoes go with any main dish so it's really up to you what you want to serve them with but I would definitely be interested in trying them with breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment